My girlfriend and I went out for dinner last night and I was telling her all about this dresser I picked up earlier in the day. I was enthusiastically sharing how one of the perks of being a furniture painter is hunting online for interesting pieces to restyle – searching through hundreds of posted items – finding one that sparks my interest – then heading out to see it in person.
It could have been the wine, but this gave my girlfriend a good laugh.
She started comparing her recent fun (and not so fun) online dating experiences with my online search for furniture.
- You see a piece online and it looks good.
- It has the right shape, height, and character you like.
- You’re interested.
- You want to learn more so you reply – hoping you get a reply back.
- You’re invited to come out and see the piece in person.
- More times than not, it’s not exactly as it was shown online.
- But with any luck, there’s still something attractive about it.
- You’re inspired, so you bring it home and spend time restyling it.
Okay, hopefully nobody tries to restyle their dates, but you get the point….
As many of you know, I’ve been with M-M-M for many years. I guess I’m old-school in that I’ve never tried online dating. But all our joking aside, it brought my girlfriend and I to a place of gratitude where we both agreed how AMAZING the internet is! Whether it’s finding a date or a great piece of furniture to paint, the technology we have at our fingertips is astounding. It’s become essential to every part of our lives!
So, like a fun first date, this piece is exactly what I need to lift my spirits!
This piece is a little scratched and banged up, it’s missing a few pulls, and two of the drawers need reinforcing. None of this was shown or described in the online ad (other than the missing pulls), but that’s okay. I still found it attractive and irresistible. With a little TLC, it will be better than new. 🙂
Here’s a closer look.
I’m not sure if I’m going to include the mirror in the restyle …or what color I’m going to use, but I can’t wait to get started!