Hi friends! Can you believe it’s October already? We’ve been having unseasonably warm weather here in the Toronto area, but it’s almost time to pull out the Fall sweaters and jackets. Spring and Fall are my favorite time of year, so I’m looking forward to the changing leaves and cooler weather.
To start this month off, I’ve teamed up with Dixie Belle Paints for another GIVEAWAY! Dixie Belle has 5 BRAND NEW COLORS that you’re going to love. They also carry Iron Orchid Design Graphic Furniture Transfers now too.
It’s been a few weeks since I’ve restyled any furniture so it felt good to be painting again. This sweet vintage teacart is a makeover for my sister. When Andrea saw the new Pink Champagne and the IOD French Graphic Transfer, she knew exactly what she wanted. This tea cart will hold her teacup collection and some of her milk glass… but it turned out so well, I might just keep it for a little while longer. 🙂
Here’s what we started with. A $6.99 Savers Thrift Store score.
A good test for a quality paint is how well it sprays. I used my paint gun to spray this tea cart for a cleaner look. I didn’t want to fuss with brushing the spindles and wheels, so spraying was the faster option. It was the first time I’ve sprayed with Dixie Belle Paints and this chalk mineral paint shoots very nice! It’s a full-bodied paint, so I thinned it with a little water by about 10-15%. A light sanding between coats and it turned out to be a flawless finish.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY DIXIE BELLE PAINTS & CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS TO PRODUCTS I USE. YOU CAN SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE HERE.
Check out this beautiful soft pink! Andrea and I are loving it.
- Tea Cart – SALVAGED $6.99 Thrift Store Find!
- Sponge & TSP for Cleaning
- BOSS Clear Stain Blocker
- Champagne Pink Dixie Belle Paint
- Vintage Furniture Transfer
- Burnishing Tool (a popsicle stick or credit card will work too)
- Black Paint for small plastic Wheels
- Rag, Paint Brush, Spray Gun
- Satin Poly Topcoat
HOW TO ADD A GRAPHIC TRANSFER TO YOUR FURNITURE::
- First, I did a few repairs and cleaned the tea cart with TSP.
- Then I brushed on BOSS Clear Stain Block to stop bleed through – this product is AMAZING!
- I spray painted 2 coats of Pink Champagne.
- Then, I cut the furniture transfer to size – one for each drop leaf on the tea cart.
- I removed the paper backing and then positioned the transfer on the drop down leafs – then taped it in place.
- Using the burnishing tool provided, I rubbed and applied even pressure over the entire graphic design.
- Tip – If some areas don’t adhere 100%, lay it back down and rub again.
- Once the design had adhered, I lightly sanded for a worn look.
- Topcoat with your choice of poly or wax.
Here’s the finished piece. I’d love to hear what you think of this new pink!
There is the “La Petite” French Graphic on one leaf and “Boutique de Vin” on the other. Andrea and I were trying to figure out which side we like better. She prefers the ’boutique’ and I prefer the cleaner ‘La Petite’ side. Either or, they both look great and compliment each other beautifully.
And now I have something fun for you!
A chance to WIN 1 of 3 Paint Packages Valued at Over $80 Each!
You will get your choice of one 16 oz BRAND NEW COLOR. You can choose from Caviar, which is a rich blue/black, Mermaid Tale which is a really bold and pretty turquoise, Cotton which is a clean stark white and Evergreen, a vintage Christmas Green…and, of course, this soft Pink Champagne – which I love! The package also includes a 16 oz BOSS (amazing clear stain blocker), one 16 oz Gator Hide, one Blue Sponge applicator and one small Dixie Belle Paint Brush. Everything you will need to do a full-sized project!
3 Dixie Belle Paint Packages Valued at Over $80 Each!
16 oz New Color of YOUR Choice
16 oz BOSS Clear Primer
16 oz Gator Hide
Blue Sponge Applicator
Dixie Belle Paint Brush
It’s EASY to enter. Just click on the ENTRY WIDGET below and come back daily to complete more chances to win.
Open to U.S. & Canada residents 18 years and older. The contest is open for the next 7 days and the three (3) lucky winners will be announced here on the SI Blog next Tuesday Oct.10/2017.
Good luck everybody & happy painting!!!