TODAY, I’M SHARING MY FAVORITE PLACES TO BUY FURNITURE HARDWARE ALONG WITH A FREE PRINTABLE GUIDE AND FURNITURE KNOB GIVEAWAY!
Hi friends and thanks for joining me today! This past weekend my sister Andrea and I were in Rochester NY for a little shopping therapy. Aside from picking up a cough and cold (which I haven’t had in SO many years I’ve forgotten how annoying a sore throat and runny nose actually are!) I also stopped for a Furniture Hardware Haul. Some girls buy shoes, I buy hardware. After hitting 3 separate Hobby Lobby’s, I’m pretty sure all these handles and knobs will last me a while. Who can resist 50% off, right?!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS TO PRODUCTS I USE. YOU CAN SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE HERE.
For all the years I’ve been painting furniture, I’ve learned hardware can really make or break a piece. And even if you’re not a furniture painter, changing out the hardware on an existing piece of furniture and/or cabinets can really update the look… and it’s such a cost-effective way of doing it!
Because you all know I’m pretty thrifty, my FAVORITE place to source knobs and handles is from existing old furniture. I keep ALL the hardware I pull off my vintage pieces which have amassed into quite an interesting stash. And I have fun mixing and matching, painting, gilding or decoupaging old hardware to create new looks.
But aside from repurposing hardware, here are some of my favorite places to buy. I’ve included stores and online resources in the US and Canada. The great thing is if you’re in Canada and want to purchase from say Hobby Lobby (US) you can do so online… and vice-versa!
1. Hobby Lobby – They have a 50% off sale usually every other week and a great selection.
2. Amazon – A great online resource with plenty of variety… and it gets delivered right to your door!
3. Knobs 4 Less – Very reasonable prices and a great selection.
4. Home Depot – Yup. Home Depot carries some pretty good looking knobs.
5. Lee Valley – I shop at Lee Valley for specialty knobs. They are not inexpensive but they have an amazing selection of high-quality hardware.
6. Wayfair – Love Wayfair for all things home and they have a good selection of hardware too.
7. D. Lawless Hardware – I still haven’t ordered from here but they do have an amazing selection and I’ve heard excellent customer service.
8. Overstock – Often sells in sets rather than individuals.
9. Anthropologie – Love the selection but can get a little pricey when buying in bulk.
10. ReStore – Habitat for Humanity is a great resource of repurposed hardware. (and thanks for the reminder everyone… nearly forgot about this one!)
For more hardware resources…
AND NOW FOR A FUN *****G*I*V*E*A*W*A*Y*****!
To thank you for being the BEST SI BLOG FAMILY a girl could ask for AND inspiring me every week. Seeing as I brought home a huge haul of new hardware, I’m sharing some of my existing inventory with YOU! Here’s what’s included….
Set of 6 Striped White & blue/green w Silver Rounds $24
Set of 8 Teal Glass Florals $40
Set of 6 Animal Print Knobs $35
Set of 6 Square Gold & White Knobs $36
Set of 8 Ivory Scalloped Knobs $40
Giveaway Valued at $175
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CLICK ON THE RAFFLECOPTER BELOW.
COME BACK EVERY DAY AND ENTER AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE!
I’M SO EXCITED… GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I’LL ANNOUNCE THE LUCKY WINNER HERE ON THE SI BLOG ON TUESDAY JUN.25TH/2019. WINNER HAS 48 HOURS TO CLAIM THE GIVEAWAY BEFORE ANOTHER WINNER IS SELECTED… SO BE SURE TO DROP IN NEXT WEEK! 🙂
WHERE’S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BUY HARDWARE? GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY!
Happy furniture painting my friends!
PIN AND SHARE!